Wednesday, 15 July 2015

Review: The Kiss Of Deception by Mary E. Pearson!


SUMMARY AND SPOILER-FREE REVIEW:


Lia is a princess, and tired of being called so, she flees the day of her wedding. What she doesn’t know is that an assassin and a prince are after her. And what you don’t know is who is who.

So, as some of you may know from my Goodreads Reading Process, I couldn’t get any further than page 200 because I found it boring. At least in the part of the book I read, there wasn’t anything that surprised me or kept me awake at night.  

MY THOUGHTS (SPOILERS):


I think the whole point of this novel is guessing which man is the assasin and which one is the prince. Well, that topic was emotionless and boring to me. I didn’t feel the need to guess and try hard to discover who was who.
Mary E. Pearson described things and landscapes very well, maybe too well. I found it a bit boring how most part of those 200 read pages were descriptions.
From page 150 I started enjoying the book because Lia was starting to interact with both Kaden and Rafe and I liked their conversations. But it all faded and  got to its slow rhythm again.
I didn’t feel anything for any character and I’m sorry but, if a book doesn’t make you feel, what’s the point of reading it?
I didn’t like the author’s style, though I admit she has a wide vocabulary and used it greatly to describe.
I really am sorry for the way I’m rating this book because first of all, I didn’t even finish it. But truth be told, I didn’t feel like picking the book up because it didn't make me want to.
When I got this book I was incredibly excited to get into it because of the great opinions I’d heard on BookTube and Blogs, so now I feel disappointed for expecting that much.
Who knows? I might give this a second chance in some time.

MY RATING:



No comments:

Post a Comment