Saturday, 4 July 2015

Review: We Were Liars by E. Lockhart!






SUMMARY AND SPOILER-FREE REVIEW:


Cadence is a teenager who spends summers with her whole family at an island her grandparents own. She loves it there, and the thing she loves the most is The Liars. The Liars is how Cadence, her cousins Johnny and Mirren, and Gat, Johnny’s mother’s boyfriend’s nepehew, are called.

The book is focused on two summers: the fifteenth and the seventeenth.

The fifteenth summer, when she and Gat fell in love. But also, the summer something terrible happens to Cadence, something that makes her lose the memories of that summer.

The seventeenth summer, Cadence –and us- discover what happened during the fifteenth summer. Nothing really is what neither of us thought.


We Were Liars is an amazing book for those who love reading a great YA suspense novel that will keep them awake at night and will leave them shocked more than once.

Tha main character’s feelings are so well defined and described that it is impossible not to feel the same way.

This book contains amazing plot twists that will leave you wondering how’s it that you didn’t realize what was going on. 


MY THOUGHTS (SPOILERS):


We Were Liars is an amazing book to read within 48 hours, having a night to think about it.

I went into this book knowing pretty much nothing, and I am so glad I did.

At first, I didn’t know what the book was about, I was really confused. E. Lockhart used amazing metaphors that made my heart stop more than once.

As the story went on, I felt more and more confused. I really felt as if I didn’t understand the language. The fact that I was as lost as Cadence made me grow very attached to the character, and I wasn’t too far into the book when I already felt for her.

I liked Gat, but I wasn’t sure if I should. Same with Johnny and Mirren. I really didn’t know who to trust.

When I found out about the fire and how it all was a plan of The Liars, I could not believe. I was left in shock.

But nothing compares to my face when I read that Gat, Mirren and Johnny had died in their attempt to save their family.



MY RATING:



Check out my Goodreads review and reading progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment