Friday, 18 December 2015

Review: Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon!

SUMMARY AND SPOILER-FREE REVIEW:

Madeline is allergic to everything. She lives between four white walls and doesn't really care about the outside world. Until Olly moves next door and she feels like she is missing out. 

Will her love for Olly make her leave the house she's been locked up in for seventeen years, or will she say in with her mom, safe, like it has always been?

I loved this book. It was a wonderful one sitting read. A very simple yet tremendously complicated one. 

Maddy was a wonderfully built up character. I could totally believe her and how she felt towards her isolation and Olly. I felt so much for her that I felt as if I was the one trapped. The author's words really captivated me and brought me to tears more than once. It felt very real!

It is true that I liked the first half of the book better than the second one, but I found pretty special things in both of them. It was very hard to put it down (thank God I'm done with exams, because otherwise...).

One of the things I liked the most was the edition. It is a very illustrated book that makes it a lot easier to read. It really made me feel closer to the story in a way, as if I knew the characters.

Also, this book contains an amazing plot twist. I didn' t see it coming at all. It hit me pretty hard and I was blown away by how good it was. I know of some readers who didn't like the twist and wanted the book to end in a different way, but I personally loved how Nicola ended things.

I would recommend Everything Everything to all those readers who loved and flew through The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.  

MY RATING:





No comments:

Post a Comment