Friday, 20 May 2016

Review: Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell.

SUMMARY AND SPOILER-FREE REVIEW:

"Kindred Spirits is a 60 pages novel Rainbow Rowell wrote for World Book Day. In this short but surprisingly book we follow Elena, a Star Wars fanatic who decides to queue outside the cinema to see the new movie. She expects a party, fans everywhere... All she gets is two strangers and a very uncomfortable place to sleep."

I adored this novel. Basically, everything this woman writes is pure perfection. She proved it by writing such a beautiful and deep story within 60 pages.

Though the plotline is not complicated, its simpleness is what makes it special. It is written from a very realistic and believable POV, which makes it easy for people to feel for the characters. I personally felt very close to Elena. I understood her passion and how she fought for her dreams no matter what it took.


The relationships built between the three characters are awesome, and it's incredible how well we actually get to know them all. The story goes places I didn't think it would have enough pages to.

Kindred Spirits is very easy to read and very cheap too, so I would definitely recommend for you to pick it up if you haven't yet, because it's a very entertaining and cute read.

MY RATING:


2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I've got it on my TBR list! I'm glad you liked it :)
    Kisses<3

    ReplyDelete